Morton W. Baird II
Attorney at Law
- Morton “Mote” Baird graduated from San Antonio MacArthur High School, the University of Texas at Austin and the University of Texas School of Law. After graduation from law school, Morton returned to San Antonio to begin his law career and to raise his family.
- Morton has represented Texas Credit Unions since 1978. His law practice is devoted exclusively to representing credit unions, both large and small, throughout Texas.
- He is Board Certified in Residential and Commercial Real Estate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Morton co-founded the Real Estate Section of the San Antonio Bar Association and served as its first chairman.
- Morton is a frequent lecturer to credit unions and industry groups on real estate related topics covering Texas law and Federal regulations.
- Member of the Liberal Art Advisory Council for UT Austin.
- 2019: Outstanding Lawyer Award by the San Antonio Business Journal
- 2019: Awarded Outstanding Philanthropic Small Corporation
- 2020 Top Real Estate Attorney by San Antonio Magazine.
Michael Fritz Baird
Attorney at Law
Michael graduated from the University of Texas School of Law and the University of Texas at Austin Business Honors Program. During Law School, Michael was awarded an academic scholarship and earned the Dean’s Achievement Award for highest marks in Legal Research and Writing. Prior to Law School, Michael worked as a financial analyst for a Houston Mergers and Acquisitions firm.
Michael is a frequent lecturer to Credit Unions on topics such as TRID, home equity lending and resolving probate and title issues. Michael has a passion for helping Credit Unions thrive in a challenging regulatory environment.
- State Bar of Texas
- Chairman of the San Antonio Bar Association, Real Estate Section
- Texas Bar Foundation
- Real Estate, Probate, and Trust Law Section of the State Bar of Texas
- San Antonio Real Estate Discussion Group
- Governor’s Club of San Antonio
- State Bar of Texas Real Estate Forms Committee – Vice-Chairman and contributing author to Home Equity Loan Documents (Chapter 11) subcommittee and Federal Consumer Disclosure Documents (Chapter 12) subcommittee
- San Antonio River Foundation – Board of Directors
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D. 2013
- University of Texas Business Honors Program, B.B.A. 2008
- “Issues in Home Equity Financing.” In Advanced Real Estate Law Course, 2015. Austin: State Bar of Texas, 2015.
- “Residential Real Estate Lending Update.” In Advanced Real Estate Drafting Course, 2020. Austin: State Bar of Texas, 2020.
- “Overview of the Real Estate Forms Manual.” In Advanced Real Estate Law Course, 2021, 2022 and 2023. Austin: State Bar of Texas, 2021, 2022 and 2023.
- “Authority Issues in Residential Real Estate Transactions.” in Advanced Real Estate Drafting Course, 2022. Austin: State Bar of Texas, 2022
- Co-author of “Deeds and Title Issues.” in Texas Bar College Annual Summer School, 2023. Galveston: Texas Bar College, 2023